We offer a 10-day buyer’s remorse policy. Unopened boxes can be returned with no questions asked. Opened and flown product can be returned but must be in new working order and include all original packaging and accessories. Opened boxes will occur a 30% restock fee. Any defective merchandise needs to be reported to Drone Nerds of Pinecrest within 10 days of the order. Past 10 days the defective merchandise must be reported to DJI.
We reserve the right to refuse a return if inspected and found damaged.
Thank you for shopping at Drone Nerds of Pinecrest!
- If you cancel within 24 hours of registration, the full amount will be refunded.
- If you cancel more than 14 days prior to the course, there will be a 10% processing fee.
- If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the course but more than 48 hours in advance, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to the course, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
You can reschedule for a different date with no charge up to 14 days prior to the course. If you must reschedule and there are less than 14 days until the course, a $100 processing fee will be required. Any refunds minus applicable fees may take 3-5 days to reach your account depending on the policies of your financial institution.
Online Class: No refunds will be issued on the purchase of an online course.
Due to safety restrictions and requirements, we cannot guarantee outdoor flying during a course. In the event of inclement weather, we will still host the classroom portion, but reschedule the outdoor flying for a designated makeup date and time.
“No Show” Policy
No-show participants are unable to re-schedule or receive any kind of refund for a Drone Nerds of Pinecrest course without prior notice.
Insurance and liability protection does not extend to student-owned equipment. As a result, students CANNOT fly their own equipment during any Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy Flight Session unless they provide proof of liability insurance with Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy named as an additional insured prior to the course. Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy will provide appropriate training equipment (typically a DJI Phantom Series sUAS) for each participant in a course.
Drone Nerds of Pinecrest instructors take attendance in each course. Students who attend a course are not be eligible for a refund. Students acknowledge that by attending any portion of a course, they have taken the spot of another eligible student. It is the responsibility of each student to thoroughly read all course descriptions and policies on www.dronenerdsofpinecrest.com and in any other communications. Students cannot claim a course was “Not as Described” with their financial institution and must resolve any unsatisfactory experiences with the Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy Team.
Refunds issued may take 3-5 days to reach your account depending on the policies of your financial institution—see the Cancellation Policy for details on refund amounts.
At all times, a Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy flight instructor is the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) for all flight sessions. Students MUST follow all instructions, warnings, and guidelines presented by their instructor. Failure to follow instructions may result in ejection from the course without refund.
Class Material Policy
Drone Nerds of Pinecrest is in no way responsible for any future change in FAA’s regulations or any new products drone manufacturers’ put out in the market. Our classes are focused on current regulations and products in the market AT THE TIME OF THE CLASS ONLY.
Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy is not responsible for errors or omissions in our content or curriculum. The drone operator is ultimately responsible for understanding all rules and regulations and abiding to those rules. Our course curriculum must not be considered legal advice.
The FAA is the only entity in the United States that can grant pilot certification. Any certificate provided by Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy is strictly a Certificate of Completion, indicating that a student has been delivered the related content by participating in a particular course or set of courses. This in no way grants the holder any legal or official license or certification.
Students are responsible for taking the necessary steps to earn their Remote Pilot Certificate under Part 107. Eligibility for a Remote Pilot Certificate is determined by several factors set forth by the FAA including but not limited to the successful completion of the Airman Knowledge Exam and a TSA background check. Drone Nerds of Pinecrest Academy is not responsible for vetting a student’s eligibility.
We use your personal information only for providing and improving Drone Nerds of Pinecrest services. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, but we will never give out your personal information to any third-party company and will keep your information safe. By using our site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Repair & Abandoned Drone Policy
- All repairs/purchases must be paid in full before items leave our shop.
- All drones must be picked up within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Should item(s) remain over 30 days from the initial invoice date or an open work order inquiry be ignored by a client for the same period of time, less arrangement with the owner, item(s) will be considered abandoned and will incur a $99/day storage fee. Once the storage fee reaches the value of the repair, the drone will become property of Drone Nerds of Pinecrest.
- After three (3) months, any acquired item will be sold for as much as market value allows, ensuring recovery of lost time/money.
- Should an abandoned item sell for less than the initial invoice balance, Drone Nerds of Pinecrest will render an additional invoice for the balance to your email address on file as well as a hard copy to the physical address on file.
- Should the remaining account balance maintain unpaid status after 30 days from the secondary invoice date, it will be turned over to collections and appropriate civil action will be taken.
By authorizing the inspection and work of your drone you are legally consenting to the above affidavit and release Drone Nerds of Pinecrest of any liability.